Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hooigracht Staircase

Woke up this morning and decided to use my apartment building for a workout...
Sandbag Carry up 5 floors
Bear Crawl down 5 floors
Sandbag Carry up 5 floors
Bear Crawl down 5 floors
Rope Climb up 5 floors
Took me 6 minutes to finish. This was really cool. I'm always looking to find a place where I can climb a rope further than 15 feet, and this definitely works for that. The hardest part was the sandbag carries. My legs got real heavy so that by the second time up, I was walking. The downstairs bear crawls weren't too bad. I think my body is used to these now. I've only got a month left in Leiden, much of which will be spent travelling, but I hope to utilize this staircase for further rope climbing practice. I'd love to see how far I can get without using my legs/how fast I can get to the top when I'm fresh. Maybe even do recovery intervals using the different floors as stop points. Anyways, it was a great way to start the morning. Here's the video...

3 comments:

  1. You are an animal buddy, in the best possible way!
    I love the way you are using the sandbag, and everything else you have in your surroundings- you are a true source of inspiration!

    //Mads

    ReplyDelete