Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Use Your Bike

Workout of the Day:

Partner WOD, 5 rounds…

800 meter bike sprint

AMRAP strict toes to bar

I woke up this morning feeling very sore from yesterday. My chest, shoulders, and hamstrings were all tight and talking to me. The ankle continues to improve and I think I’ll be able to do some lifting on it by the end of this week, assuming all goes smoothly until then.

This morning’s WOD was a bit of a ramshackle production, just because of the limitations I’ve placed on myself the past week or so. Niels and I found a spot at the bottom of what appears to be the only hill in Oxford where we could hang and do toes to bar. The hill was long and gradual and it set up for a decent climb for a bike. Since I recently purchased a used hybrid to move myself around town, this was perfect. We dropped it into the largest gear to maximize the resistance and took turns sprinting to the top while the other did toes to bar. Definitely harder than I thought, and waaay more fun. Sprinting on a bike is a different sensation and boy do you get moving. Definitely use yours for more than long rides if you have one.

At the bottom, my sets were: 23, 23, 20, 21, 19. It took us exactly 20 minutes to finish. This wasn’t the most strenuous or challenging session by any stretch, but it was fun and different, and probably was about right following yesterday’s high volume workload.

Will rest tomorrow, then head to the country to visit some friends from DC in town for a week. Excited about that. Then, to London on Friday for what should be an interesting AM/PM split.

No comments:

Post a Comment