Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rope Climbs Forever

Workout of the Day

Legless Rope Climbs, rest as needed

John and I took his rope up to the top of the Fair Oaks bluffs and tied it to a tree branch 15 feet high then took turns climbing it without our feet. We each did 20+ climbs before all was said and done, leaving our hands pretty callased and blistered from the effort. This is the first time I’d done legless rope climbs since last February I think, so it was a long time coming.

More than anything I enjoyed being outside on a nice night—the weather in Sacramento was mid 70’s with a warm breeze as the sun went down. Tomorrow will see a return to some heavy strength training, hopefully building on the gains I’ve made following 5/3/1 the past few months. I’m also hoping to get back up to Hope Valley for a mountain run later in the week. My grandparents and I did a hike this past Saturday and it was something to behold (pictured above). Hoping to convince a few of my friends around here to jump on the wagon.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of taking workouts OUTSIDE of the gym...especially when it involves climbing or jumping or running in the mountains! Great rope climbing results for you guys! Might have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete