Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Clean PR

Workout of the Day

Clean 3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1

Front Squat w/ pause 5, 5, 5, 4

Gymnastics Play time

PR’d my clean today! My heaviest 3 rep set was 265 lb and my heaviest single was 295 lb. I tried another couple at 305 lb and was well under it, just couldn’t secure the rack position to squat it out of the hole. Still, it was an overwhelmingly positive day.

Afterwards we played around on the green turf doing handstand holds into somersaults, somersaults into pistol squats, archer muscle ups, front levers, and a handful of other skills just for fun. I’m starting to see the benefits of these types of “play” sessions in my coordination and balance. I feel a lot more control on my hands and a lot more confidence in trying new things.

Tomorrows WOD is shaping up to be amazing. 14th and H parking deck in downtown Sacramento with some of the fire department guys at 1:30. Bring your sandbag…

No comments:

Post a Comment